Nose shaping can be accomplished by way of rhinoplasty, a surgery also known as nose surgery or, in casual circles, a “nose job.” If you are unhappy with the natural shape of your nose or have experienced an altering of the nose following an accident or other trauma, you may be a good Hawaii nose shaping candidate.
About Nose Shaping Surgery
Nose shaping (also called “nose reshaping”) can accomplish a variety of objectives. There are two types of nose shaping procedures, as follows:
Caucasian nose shaping surgery, which can:
- Eliminate a bump on the bridge of the nose
- Improve tip definition of the nose
- Reduce or add to the overall size of the nose
- Change the angle between the nose and upper lip
Asian nose shaping surgery, which can:
- Create a dorsal bridge where it did not exist before
- Add definition and projection to the tip of the nose
- Narrow any flared nostrils
- Correct an appearance of facial “flatness”
- Reverse a bi-maxillary retrusion (a “buck teeth” appearance)
Undergoing a Nose Shaping at our Honolulu Practice
As with most plastic surgery procedures, nose shaping begins with general anesthesia so that the patient remains asleep during surgery. With me as your Hawaii nose shaping surgeon, you can expect results that are a good fit for your anatomy, needs and expectations. We can discuss your desired results before surgery.
After surgery, most of my Honolulu nose shaping patients wear nose splints for the first week. Once the splints are removed, the new results can be enjoyed. However, patients should be aware that most nose shaping results continue to improve in the weeks following surgery.
Selecting a Hawaii Nose Shaping Surgeon
To discuss undergoing a nose shaping in Hawaii, contact Oahu Plastic Surgery Center today to schedule an initial consultation at our office in Honolulu or Kona-Hilo. Dr. Schlesinger will be glad to speak with potential Hawaii nose shaping patients during that time.