Join Our Newsletter
Schedule a Consultation

Tummy Tuck in Honolulu, HI

How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost?

There are several factors that influence the cost of a tummy tuck. First, an effective tummy tuck may also require excess fat to be removed through a liposuction procedure. To keep the cost of your tummy tuck low, you can combine procedures that separately would incur a greater cost.

You may also wish to look beyond the bare cost of your tummy tuck. A surgical procedure of this nature requires a high degree of technical skill. Dr. Larry Schlesinger’s 28 years of experience and over 17,000 cosmetic surgical procedures in Hawaii have given him the technical skill to accomplish the most effective results. Technical skill is 75% of the deal–artistic skill is the other 25% that makes the difference between an acceptable surgical outcome and a transcendant outcome. Dr. Schlesinger possesses the appropriate blend of technical and artistic skills.

You should always work with an experienced surgeon when undertaking any complex procedure. A tummy tuck cost is also dependent upon the experience of the surgeon. You should not compromise expertise for a lower cost.

Included in the tummy tuck cost are the facility costs, use of anesthesia, medications, medical tests, and the fee for the plastic surgeon. A tummy tuck is a surgical procedure which has inherent and minor risk, but to further minimize those risks, you should opt for a more experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Schlesinger. This might increase your tummy tuck cost, but your health, safety, and satisfaction with the results of the surgery will be worth the slight difference.

Can I Afford the Cost of a Tummy Tuck?

Some are concerned about their tummy tuck cost, but you can discuss with our staff several options for financing our procedures. Remember that when you are deciding if you want plastic surgery, you should weigh your expectations against the cost. A tummy tuck can improve your look and make you feel more comfortable in your clothes. For many this cannot be accomplished without surgery. Your health and well being are invaluable, and the slight tummy tuck cost will be worth it to improve your appearance.

Tummy Tucks Are Offered Throughout Hawaii: At Our Honolulu, Maui and Oahu Surgical Centers

What Is a Tummy Tuck?

tummy tuck is a procedure that sculpts and reshapes a patient’s abdomen by tightening muscles and tightening the skin; tummy tucks generally require the removal of some skin. Many patients also need to have excess fat removed with liposuction as well. A tummy tuck is also known as abdominoplasty. A tummy tuck is not an obesity cure, but it is a popular choice for new mothers to get their pre-pregnancy bodies back. The procedure is also appropriate for those who have recently lost weight, but still have weakened abdominal muscles. Dr. Schlesinger will discuss the procedure with you during your consultation and determine if a tummy tuck is right for you.

Tummy Tuck: Consultation and Procedure

You will receive sedation during your tummy tuck procedure. Dr. Schlesinger will then (in most typical cases) make a long incision across the bottom of your abdomen, near where your thighs meet your stomach. A second cut around your bellybutton might also be needed if you require excess skin from the upper part of your abdomen removed. The long incision will be used to allow for the adjustment of skin, removal of excess tissue and fat, and the tightening of your abdominal muscles. You might want to plan to take the following week off from work since the soreness in your abdominal muscles will prevent you from being able to stand completely straight until they have healed. After that, you can enjoy your new slimmer body.

Tummy Tuck: What to Expect

Immediately following your tummy tuck, most patients are prescribed pain medication and antiboitics; you may also be prescribed a supportive garment for a few days following the surgery. Results from your tummy tuck will be visible within a week or two of the procedure.

Tummy Tuck Treatments Are Offered Throughout Hawaii: At Our Maui and Oahu Surgical Centers

Contact us to arrange an appointment or to learn more about Tummy Tucks.

Important Disclaimer: The preceding text describes a medical procedure; the description is a summary, and is necessarily generalized. Every patient has different needs, and this website should never be regarded as specific medical advice. No website or other written description can be a substitute for one-on-one patient care. If you have further questions, please arrange a visit with Dr. Schlesinger to discuss your specific needs.

Request an Appointment

Pursuing perfection is a process, not an event!

Get Started Today!